During the last week I have really tried to get the grip on Twitter. But no matter how hard I’ve tried, I just don’t get it. Maybe I’m to old.
Anyway here is my 8 reasons to remove my account.
1. I’m not interested what music people are listening to, what parties they are on, +++.
2. Replies on twitter sucks! Bigtime! They do not point to the actual post, only to the person who wrote it. Hence there is no point in trying to follow a conversation.
3. Given the limitation of 140 characters per posting, people tend to use services like tinyurl.com to shorten url’s. This really sucks as well. Cause I have no chance to see if this is pointing to an url I already have seen or not. It wastes my time.
4. People tend to post the same links. In the previous #IE6 campaign on Twitter my estimate is that more than 60% of the messages was duplicates.
5. I already have more than 8 ways to communicate on the Internet. I really don’t need another.
6. Some people I’m following on Twitter seems to be “twitterholics”. They just have to post something every hour. Even though they really doesn’t have something to say.
7. There are a mix between companies and people in twitter. I really do not like that companies can use this arena as a free commercial channel.
8. Twitter only makes some sort of sense with a client like Twitterific. I find it really disturbing. And it takes my mind away from things I am supposed to do at work.
So my conclusion is that Twitter probably suits people without a life that desperately tries to find out what all the other folks are doing.
But maybe I am wrong, and that I one day will return with an open mind. Until then…..